03 Jul Happy 4th of July
Enjoy some of our company’s favorite recipes this 4th of July from breakfast to dinner. We hope everyone has a safe and Happy 4th.
Breakfast – Quinoa Breakfast Bowl (By Carolyn Ralph)
- 2/3 c Cooked Quinoa
- ½ c Almond Milk
- ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
Microwave the first four ingredients for 30 seconds. Mix well.
Top with: 1c Fresh Strawberries or raspberries, 1 Tbsp Toasted Coconut, and 1 Tbsp Almond Butter
The almond butter melts into the warm quinoa and the coconut absorbs any extra liquid, so the sweetness of the fruit and the cinnamon shine through without it being watery.
Lunch – Fish Taco’s (By Laura Lentz)
To make the Sauce:
- ½ c sour cream
- 1/3 c mayo
- 2 tbsp fresh squeezed lime juice (1 medium lime)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp cayenne
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl and whisk together until well blended.
- Hold in refrigerator until ready to serve
To make the Taco’s
- 12 small white corn tortillas
- 1 ½ lb tilapia
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 TBSP Olive Oil
- ½ stick Butter
- ½ red cabbage
- 2 medium avocados
- ½ diced red onions
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 1 lime cut into wedges
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spread out tilapia on sheet and lightly sprinkle with salt and pepper (both sides). Add a tsp of butter on top of each filet and lightly drizzle with olive oil. Bake for approximately 22 minutes or until lightly browned and cooked through.
While fish is cooking prepare topping ingredients thinly slice the cabbage, slice avocados, chop onions and pick cilantro. Heat the tortillas slightly in oven.
To assemble, start with placing the tilapia in the tortillas then add the remaining ingredients finishing off with the taco sauce. Serve with a lime wedge.
Dinner – Grilled Shrimp Salsa (By Angela McPhaul)
- 2 pounds Shrimp – tails off
- 2 cobs of corn
- 1 large purple onion cut into 4 wedges
- 2 large jalapenos – deseeded and split down the middle
Lightly brush with olive oil (sprinkle with smoked paprika and cumin if you want a spicier salsa)
Grill turning each item after just a few minutes. Total Grill time about 6 minutes, corn 8 minutes. Put ingredients on a cookie sheet to cool. Once cooled chop all ingredients and put into a bowl.
- Peel and deseed 1 large cucumber and chop
- Cut 20 cherry or small heirloom tomatoes in quarters
- Juice 6 limes
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp cumin
- Pour all ingredients into a bowl and chill for at least an hour.
- Optional Ingredients:
- Diced avocado
- Chopped cilantro
- Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.